Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Look Both Ways and Getting ready for the show (post 3)

Look Both Ways: Artists & Writers Collaborate
Saturday, May 2 - 7:30 p.m.
The Loft at the Mill - 8th & P Streets, Lincoln
Admission is free

I'm going to be part of this event where writers were asked to choose a piece of art and respond to it with an original piece of writing. There will be a reading of the new work and then the artists and writers will be available for questions afterward.


Show stuff....

Collages Completed: 3

Collages Near Completion: 12
Collages Ready to Start: 20
Movies Watched So Far During Studio Time:
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Spirited Away
Twilight
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Bridget Jones' Diary
King Kong
Superman Returns
The Dark Knight
Land of the Dead
Pride & Prejudice mini-series

I am deep into art production now - with lots of pieces in pieces. I had been counting some old pieces as completed, but then since this is a new-work show, removed them from the total. Those ones can stay at home for this round. I'm thinking my total will be 38. Here are some studio shots:

Teeny-tiny Obi-Wan (with pen for scale)

Teeny-tiny TARDIS, Batman, and Obi-Wan (with tweezers for scale)

My desk (April 25) - You can see the tiny geek icons in position as I work on my self-portrait.

Tattooed Girl hangs out with Intergalactic Mouse while I prepare a background for her.


No comments: