Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sleepy...

One art show down, two to go. The Lincoln Arts Festival went well - some crazy wind on Saturday but that didn't last too long and Sunday was beautiful. Thanks to everyone who stopped by. This year I received the Award of Excellence at the festival, which was really exciting.


After a few really late nights, I am just about done with all the art for Friday's opening. After I graduated college, I sort of lost the ability to stay up until 3am, so this month I have been slowly re-building a tolerance to it. In the future, I will probably avoid scheduling shows three months in a row. I am thoroughly looking forward to taking a nap this afternoon and I have plans this weekend of sitting around in my jammies while I lounge on the couch playing a video game or catching up on my massive Tivo backlog. After that it's back to work getting ready for the show in November.

Please stop by Screen Ink (416 S. 11th) for the opening tomorrow night, 7:00-10:00 p.m. There is going to be new art involving squirrels, elephants, mysterious vixens, and angry bunny girls, PLUS live screen printing, wine, and homemade cranberry pumpkin bread (which I will bake tonight after I get done taking a nap). What's not to love?

Other goings on...
Evan will once again be participating in Extra Life, a 24-hour video game marathon to benefit the Children's Miracle Network. If you are interested in reading more about it or donating, check it out here.

And finally...
Here's a song to get stuck in your head. Apparently i am on a banjo kick at the moment.

No comments: