Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

One more week...


This is going to be a very busy weekend with very little sleep. My show opens one week from today (we hang it on Monday), and I still have way too much to do. Yeesh. It's times like this that I wish I was a painter and didn't have to spend so much time framing things.

In an effort to mix up what I listen to while working, I've watched nothing but DVD director/writer commentaries for the last week. So far I've watched/listened to Saw, Saw 3, Hellboy, Hellboy 2, all 3 LOTR extended editions, Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, Blade 2, and Scott Pilgrim. Not sure what to watch next - any suggestions for good commentary? Nothing too serious or depressing.



OTHER UPCOMING SHOWS

I sort of lost my mind at the end of last year and agreed to two group shows which open the same day as my own show. I would have said no, but the themes were too fun to pass up.


MINTcondition 
Opening reception: Friday, March 1

A comic book themed art show in conjunction with Emerald City ComiCon? Yes. I've been an X-Men fan for a long time - they were the first comics I ever read - so it was really fun to dig through my old comics for reference. 

Here's a sneak peak:





SEUSS-TALATION
March 1-30, 2013

I will also have a little piece in this Dr. Seuss themed art show in Ohio. 

No comments: