Pages

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Holy Crap! It's December?

Currently doing a mad dash to get the 2010 calendar done as soon as possible. Basically that means making 12 collages simultaneously, which for some reason is taking some time. Here's hoping that I get it all done this weekend. The theme is playing card royalty. I'm doing the art and my boyfriend Evan has written little 4-line poems for each character.

Here are some photos of the works in progress:



This month I will have new art at two galleries in Lincoln:

Gallery 9 All Member Holiday Show December 2 - 27
124 S. 9th Street, Lincoln
Opening Reception Friday, December 4th - 6:00 to 10:00 p.m.

Handmade Modern Holiday Gift Show December 4 - 23
Parrish Studios, 1416 O St. Suite 40, Lincoln
First Friday Reception - 6:30 to 10:00 p.m.

At Gallery 9 I will have prints, cards, ornaments, and a new collage (shown below) along with a number of slightly older pieces (from the Arts Festival and the solo show). Gallery 9 is featuring an all member holiday show during the month of December which will include lots of art, ornaments, and great jewelry (great for holiday shopping).

At Handmade Modern I will have prints, cards, and more collages. There are going to be a lot of great artists (including my mom!) selling yet more gift-worthy art for the holidays. I won't be able to make it to the First Friday reception (since I will be at the one for Gallery 9) but you should definitely check it out if you are doing the First Friday gallery walk.

Ornaments at Gallery 9

Emma and Her Llama Dressed to the Nines for Their Evening Walk
Gallery Nine

Kingfisher
Handmade Modern



I also have some older pieces (from the solo show), along with prints and cards, at the Lux Center For The Arts. They have a gift-centered holiday show which is up now and runs through December 23.

No comments: