Pages

Monday, November 04, 2013

Busy Weekend


This weekend was the Extra Life gaming marathon and thanks to some amazing, generous donors I was able to surpass my goal and help contribute to the 3.6 million dollars that the event raised for children's hospitals around the country. How awesome is that? This year, I played: House of The Dead: Overkill (which I liked way more than expected), Portal 2, Rock Band, Batman: Arkham Origins (which I suck at apparently), Animal Crossing, and a little Free Cell during the wee hours of the morning when I nearly fell asleep and couldn't think of anything else to play. This whole "staying up all night" schedule really confused poor Sullivan, as did the sleeping in the afternoon part. 



I was also involved in three different shows that opened on Friday. First up, I had four new bird piece at The Lux Center for The Arts "Wrappable" show.






Next up is Spoke Art's "Bad Dad's" Wes Anderson tribute show. Wes Anderson is one of my favorite filmmakers, so I was incredibly excited to get to be a part of this show again. This year I did a piece of Suzy from Moonrise Kingdom. The original will be available to purchase through Spoke Art soon.




And finally, here is my Jaws themed piece for Hero Complex Gallery's "Smile, You Son of a Bitch" Jaws tribute show. This may be the first time that I did a collage with no people or animals in it, which was a lot of fun. I particularly liked incorporating string into the rigging. The original is available to purchase HERE.


No comments: