Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

September Show Trifecta

  REMEMBER: Friday, August 22 is the last day to use the code  
  BIRTHDAY in my Etsy shop to get 20% of your entire order (of $10 or more)!  

I have new work in three upcoming group shows which all open in the span of a week. Needless to say, this past week and upcoming weekend are a smidge insane. I do not have "getting things done early" skills.



First up is Ltd. Gallery's PRESS START III: TURBO EDITION show opening in Seattle on Friday, August 29 (and I actually get to go to the opening reception since I will be in town for PAX!) This year, their "Press Start" show is focusing on modern classics of video games, which is totally in my wheelhouse. I had a hard time narrowing down a subject since I have so many favorites, but I probably knew all along deep down that it was going to be Bioshock. It's always Bioshock with me. Here are a few work-in-progress shots:




I had to cut the little sister's head off briefly because of a problem with my layer-planning, but she's OK now. 




Opening the following weekend in Los Angeles is JOSS WHEDON x GALLERY1988, which as you may gather from the title, involves art based on the works of Joss Whedon. Here is a little sneak peak at that one:





And opening the following night will be Spoke Art's KUBRICK: AN ART SHOW TRIBUTE TO THE FILMS OF STANLEY KUBRICK in San Francisco. I don't have sneak preview images of this one since it is still in the early stages, but I decided to base mine on Barry Lyndon. Giant hair? Forlorn Ladies? Lacy Dresses? I'm down with all of that.

No comments: