Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Hey 2013. What's Up?

After coming down with a stomach virus followed immediately by an intense, soul-sucking cold, 2012 ended on a sick note. But I'm finally back (sort-of) and able to do a quick year-end wrap-up:

Favorite Movies: Drive, Moonrise Kingdom, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Cabin in the Woods, Dark Knight Rises, Dredd, Looper, Skyfall, Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Favorite Video Games: Bulletstorm, Mass Effect 3, Arkham City, Max Payne 3, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Journey

2012 Obsession: Adventure Time

Collages completed: 52
Shows participated in: 17

2012 was by far my busiest year for art-making, and 2013 is already looking yet MORE busy. My biggest 2013 project will definitely be my quickly upcoming solo show "A PLACE BOTH WONDERFUL AND STRANGE" at Gallery 9. The show runs February 27 - March 31, with an opening reception on Friday, March 1. I am really excited to do a new collection of original art. According to my notes and calculations, I hope to have 34-36 new pieces. Yipe.

And here are a few more shows coming up between now and then:


TWISTED FAIRY TALES
January 4-February 22, 2013

The Lux Center for the Arts
Lincoln NE

OPENING RECEPTION: 
Friday, January 4 - 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.

Here is one of the pieces I did for the show, with two more images coming this weekend. I will be at the opening reception from (probably) 6:00-7:00 p.m. Some of my favorite local artists are also participating in this group show, including Nicole Gustafsson, Vonni Sparks, and Nolan Tredway, so it's definitely something you will want to check out if you are in the area.







THE HUMORIST
January 11-February 2, 2013

Gallery1988 Venice
Santa Monica, CA

OPENING RECEPTION: 
Friday, January 4 - 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.

The piece I did for this show holds the record for the thickest collage to date. Can't wait to show you the final product - I really like how it turned out.







WEAPON OF CHOICE
January 2013

hosted by Design Matters
Los Angeles, CA

OPENING RECEPTION: 
Friday, January 11 - 7:00 to 11:00 p.m.

Another fun piece, this one features one of my favorite TV Heroes.


No comments: