Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

Back to Work

I don't know what it is about August, but every year, like clockwork, I get into an art funk and can't seem to get any new art made. It's some combination of hot weather and total lethargy that leads to a complete lack of artistic energy and motivation. Luckily, art show commitments seem to have finally pushed me back into the studio and hopefully out of the funk. 

Next weekend, I will once again have a booth at the Lincoln Arts Festival (after taking last year off). My dad and I spent all day Saturday working on a super-sturdy tent skeleton to help my booth stand up to the gusty winds of Nebraska. Every year I bring more weights to hold everything down and every year it's not quite enough. All my hopes now rest on Uber-Tent.


Here is all the info:

THE LINCOLN ARTS FESTIVAL
Saturday, September 26 (10am to 6pm)
Sunday, September 27 (10am to 5pm)

SouthPointe Pavilions (27th & Pine Lake Road)
There is a $1 admission charge (kids 12 & under get in free)


I ordered a big batch of new giclee prints and will also have new cards, new jewelry, and lots of original art. As always, fingers are crossed for good weather. And for all of you who can't make it to the festival, all the remaining prints and jewelry will be added to my etsy shop after the event.


In other news, I will be participating in Extra Life again this year and am now accepting donations. Extra Life is a 24-hour gaming marathon which raises money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. I play for Penn State Children's Hospital where my cousin Nick JUST COMPLETED HIS TREATMENT FOR LEUKEMIA! How incredible and awesome is that?!

All donations are appreciated and go to a great cause. Plus, if you donate $25 or more I will send you some art goodies.


During the event I will be playing a variety of games and posting updates (and possibly live-stream links) to Twitter. Who knows, maybe this is the year I learn how to play Minecraft?

Next up is my recent Fantastic Mr. Fox inspired piece "Hot Box" for Spoke Art's annual Wes Anderson show "Bad Dads", along with a sneak peak of what's been on my desk this week, and a few of my favorite photos from my recent trip to Canada. Photo dump!








As you can see, I kind of became obsessed with the panorama setting on my phone. Lastly, here are some of my favorite things from the past couple months (this post has everything!): The Scribe by Elizabeth Hunter (a romance with an active, interesting female protagonist? Impossible), My Drunk Kitchen (Hannah Hart) on YouTube (so many glorious puns), Penny Dreadful (it's over-the-top melodrama with gorgeous art direction and lots of great actors), and The Martian by Andy Weir

No comments: