Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

August/September

We are closing in on the end of September (great snakes!) and I am beginning what will be two solid months of art-making. Like some sort of crazed art maniac, I put my 2016 calendar together with two large shows back to back at the end of the year. I am actually super excited for the shows - it just means a whole lot of hard work between now and then. 

Because of these commitments, I won't be able to finish my Nerd Love ladies project until early 2017. I am having a lot of fun with these pieces though, so it's definitely something I will return to. 

I was really lucky to get to mull over ideas for these upcoming shows while on some really cool trips in August and September. First I went to a great family reunion in Ocean Beach, NJ where I put my feet in the ocean, read comic books, caught a bunch of water-type Pokemon, and visited with relatives I hadn't seen in way too long. This was followed up by our annual family trip to a beautiful lake in Canada where I did a lot of drawing, listened to the Stranger Things Soundtrack, and accidentally made my sister cry while we were playing cards.


I came back from that trip, was home for a day (just long enough to really toy with my dog's emotions), and then flew to Portland to visit with friends and attend Rose City Comic Con. This meant I got to put my feet in ANOTHER ocean, chill with awesome peeps, and attend panels by some of my favorite comic creators (Matt Fraction, Kelly Sue Deconnick, Christian Ward, and Mike Mignola to name a few). I did a lot of drawing while there as well, and being around so many cool creative people was definitely good for my art spirit. 





UPCOMING EVENTS 
(I wasn't kidding, the rest of the year is jam-packed)

SEPTEMBER
--> The Lincoln Arts Festival (THIS WEEKEND)
Saturday, September 24 - 10am to 6pm
Sunday, September 25 -  10am to 5pm
I'm hauling the tent out of storage and once again selling art at the Lincoln Arts Festival. The forecast currently says rain, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will change. I will have lots of new jewelry, along with new art, prints, and greeting cards. And for those that aren't in Lincoln, all of the new stuff will be added to my Etsy shop as soon as the festival is over. 




OCTOBER

--> TBA Group show - NYC
--> TBA Group show - LA

NOVEMBER
--> TBA Group Show - LA
--> TBA Group Show - LA

---> Group show - Gallery 9 - Lincoln NE  - with Judith Andre (glass) and Su Harvey (textiles)
In July I played Uncharted 4 and then watched Stranger Things, so there will definitely be themes of "kids/adventure/adventuring kids" in my new work for this show. 
November 2-27, 2016

--> Nebraska Artists - Carry The Future
A pop-up art sale supporting Carry The Future, a non-profit organization that helps refugee women and children
Country Club of Lincoln (NE)
November 17 - 5-8pm

DECEMBER
--> Arcadia (solo show) - Lux Center for the Arts - Lincoln NE
The theme of this show is "Arcadia (Utopia)" a location from Greek Mythology which was the home of Pan and a place of  unspoiled wilderness, so expect to see lots of strange animals and wild-folk.
Dates TBA

--> Lincoln Holiday Craftacular
Embassy Suites - Lincoln, NE
December 8 - 4-9pm

No comments: